Monday, February 22, 2010

Dream necklace


Well, my actual dream necklace might have a few more sparkly things on it, but I really did dream about this necklace. The past few nights I have been staying up waaaaaaaaaaaay to late watching the Olympics and getting some projects done that have been one my list for a very long time. One of the projects that I have been working on are those washer necklaces that are all over blogland and have been for awhile. They are addicting to make. I feel the same way I did when I made those glass tile pendants that are everywhere too, I need one for each shirt I own! So I've been making a BUNCH of them.


Then other night my dear son woke up at 2 am needing to got potty and a drink of water. I must have been dreaming about making these things, because the first thing I thought was "You should wrap one in a hemp chord." Brilliant, I know!

Now someone out there may have already thought of this idea. In fact, I am sure someone has! There are so many crafty people out there! I have't seen it anywhere though, so I'm going to feel super creative about literally dreaming up this idea!

I seriously love it! I didn't get a good picture of it though, so pardon the bad lighting.


Here is it on me. And don't you love the sticker on my shirt? My son, the same one that got me up at 2 am, gave it to me and said that it means we will be friends forever! Awwww, sweet. I forgive you for waking me up at 2 am!

To make it all I did was cut a big length of hemp, tied it around the washer, then wrapped and scrunched and wrapped and scrunched over and over. By scrunch I just mean I kept pushing the hemp together. To finish it off, I just slipped the end under some of the wrapped part. Then lace another piece of hemp around it, add a bead, and your done. Well, almost done. You need some crimp beads with a loop, 2 jump rings, and a lobster clasp for the ends. I don't have any pictures of the process, but I want to make more in different colors. So I will get some pictures and hopefully get a tutorial up. I'm sure a bunch of you already know how to make the washer necklaces since I feel like I am the last person to make them! You finish these up the same way.

I know Hobby Lobby has some red hemp and I hope I can find some more colors, like a cool teal or pink or something. How cute would that be!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!