Friday, March 19, 2010

This week wrap up

Where has this week gone? All of a sudden it was Friday! I feel like I didn't get anything done. Ever have weeks like that?

I guess did get a few things done. First I found this lovely spice rack at Goodwill for 2 bucks.

I spray painted it Heirloom White since that BRIGHT yellow wasn't working for me, and it is now the perfect place for all my brads and eyelets.

Ahhh, much better. But it looks like I am running low on brads!

I also finally got around to making some of those earring and necklace holders from old frames that I have seen all over the place.


For this one all you do is cut wire to fit your fame and use your staple gun to attach it to the back. I have also seen them done with mesh or chicken wire.

Whoever thought up this is BUH-RILLIANT! It is so nice to be able to see all my earring and not forget about a pair because they are at the bottom of the jewelry box.

I also made a necklace holder from a frame.

For this one all I did was cover a piece of cardboard with fabric using hot glue. Then I took some straight pins that had a pearl head, stuck them through the cardboard, bent them to the length I wanted and used tape to hold the pin in place. Very easy. I have seen these made using cork board instead of cardboard, but I didn't have cork board, was impatient and cheap and wanted to do it right then! But the cardboard works great! I love how many necklaces you can hang up in a small space.

I also finally made some crayon rolls that are also ALL over the place. My kids were more excited about them than I thought they would be and I am excited not to have crayons all over the place at church.


So, I guess even though I feel like I didn't do anything, I got more accomplished than I thought I did!

That makes me feel better!

6 comments:

  1. you forgot to say 'the house didnt burn down and my kids didnt starve to death'. i put that on my list of things i did that day ALL. THE. TIME. somedays that is all i have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Im Renee, I just found your blog, you have GREAT ideas here, I for sure gonna follow and keep coming back :)
    Thanks for sharing all this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI there! I'm Lynn from Scrapity Anne. Just found your blog and LOVE your stuff!!!So creative! I'm definitely a follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such great organizing ideas. I love my jewelry organized and displayed. It's too pretty to hide. The spice rack looks perfect for brads and I love the color you painted it. That was such a good buy. Thanks for linking to my party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured your Craft and Jewelry organizing ideas at We're Organized Wednesday. I hope to have a featured button by the next party so you can grab it then. Thanks again for linking.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!